Luke H's 2000 Impreza 2.5RS
Original PNW Survior Car! This 2.5 RS has nearly 200,000 miles on the original blue paint, interior and motor. I got the car last fall from a friend of the original owner. Rather than build yet another RSTI (I have a 2017 STI for speed) my goal with this car it to maintain it as a true original 2.5 RS but to make suspension and other upgrades while keeping with the spirit of the original car as the car is used for spirited back road driving as well as autocross. My goal is to use as many OEM Subaru or top quality JDM parts in the build. There is still some work to be done but so far I have:
-Installed P11L (P1 replica) springs with KYB AGX shocks
- Fitted 2017 17" BRZ wheels powder coated gold to go with the original blue paint
- All new brakes with red calipers and Stop Tech pads
-Installed all STI group N suspension bushings and motor mounts in front (from Rallispec). When installing the group N bushings I installed aluminum JDM front control arms (and new correct FSB links for the control arms).
- Upgraded the rear sway bar to a 20mm bar from a 2002 WRX with upgraded kartboy end links
(both front and rear bars powder coated cherry blossom red
- Installed new Exedy Racing clutch
- Installed factory SPT/STI short throw shifter and STI hardened shifter bushing (I got the last new factory short throw shifter kit in the country, its been discontinued).
- New Stromung axle back exhaust
- As I autocross the car, I performed a "radio delete" (original radio and CD player were not working) using brand new factory "radio delete" plate and storage cubby as came with the JDM Type RA cars. I got a grimmspeed antennal delete plate for the radio hole on the outside.
- All new headlamps and foglamps
- Last but not least I was able to get the vanity plate "555" for the car!
Luke's Social Media Info: